Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Little Bird Told Me

Only two days of snow and I'm already complaining!!   I must admit however, that I carry on about winter weather  every single year and as a result I get no sympathy from family or friends.   They are just tired of hearing about it on a daily basis.  So now I turn my attention to you folks in blog land and prepare to vent--- (Winter is Not my Favorite Time of Year)!!!!  Here it is only January and needless to say,  the lure of spring is heavy on my mind.  So what better way to deal with winter blues than to focus on thoughts of spring, chirping birds, and flowers.  Perfect excuse to pull out needlepoint items and create some lampshades.  I got busy and put two shades together and thought I would share them with you today.
This shade practically sings to me with the sweet bluebird perching on a branch.  The bird is a needlepoint piece and the sides are done from a vintage chenille bedspread.  I think the two textures combined together give it more of an eye catching appeal.
The curving of the shade (otherwise referred to as bell shaped) tends to give it a an over all softness.
From birds we leap to flowers with another needlepoint piece.  This one is done with a straighter frame but lends itself to the scene of a straighter window with a great window box.  So uplifting that I attached it to my profile picture.
The coloring of the trim seems to frame this lampshade well.  Often times , trim can either make or break the overall look of the lampshade.
Both of these shades are approximately 7 inches wide and 7 inches high and are best suited for smaller accent lamps.
Well thanks for letting me share and please stop by again as I reach further into my lampshade cache.















1 comment: