Monday, January 7, 2013

Script is All Around Us

Script works great as an accent piece in our living rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms, dens, kitchens, studies, and the list goes on.  It can be incorporated  on chairs, pillows, curtains, and of course the all important lampshade.  Once we hit the lampshade arena the question becomes  do you want it as a sconce,  a shade,  a pendant, or a hanging drum ???   Color -- size --- shape -- placement???  You get the point -- the versatility is endless.  All and all script is fun, current, and sophisticated (all rolled into one).



Looking at these shades gives you a feeling of vintage with the old french script and at the same time a current and new freshness.  If you look closely you will see the difference between these two shades has to do with the side seams or ribs.  One is done with the same fabric as the shade, the other is done with a braided trim to match the top and bottom.  It's all a matter of taste ---- isn't it.  That's the beauty of custom work!!



When I display this shade, life becomes a little complicated because there are choices to be considered.  The beauty of this shade is that with each rotation a different manuscript is featured.  Thus I have to decide which part of the shade do I want facing forward.  Oh my:  too many choices --- to many decisions.



See what I mean?




In my home I have this displayed on a candlestick shaped lamp but honestly I prefer to put this on a lamp with a little more bulk.  I better look around and see what I can find.  You never know what lamp base is stashed in the corner of my closet!!



See you didn't believe me when I told you script is everywhere!!

Thanks for stopping by -- stay tuned for future posts.

2 comments:

  1. I love script, too. These lampshades look fabulous! Thanks so much for your recent visit to my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lampshades are so adorable! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting, too! Loved that you visited. Susan

    ReplyDelete