Thursday, January 3, 2013

Vintage Chic

What better way to enjoy a vintage treasure than to display and see it daily.  Here is one of those "treasures" appreciated in the form of a custom lampshade.


                 
This was made from a 1930's piece of hand embroidery featuring some lovely french knots set into a floral bouquet and set off by an embroidered bow.


       
         
The embroidery extends around the sides and back of the shade showing off the rich colors that form the butterfly and remaining flowers of the embroidered piece.  


      
A delicate hand crocheted bottom trim lends itself I believe to the mood of this intricate lampshade.


          
The versatility of this shade lends itself to be paired with multiple styles of lamp.  As seen above, it worked nicely with a 1940's glass lamp as well as a 50's white milkglass piece.  Any new lamp in white or pastel colors would also work and certainly make a decor statement.

Thank you for stopping by and I will try to work on my photo skills as I unveil more of the shades that I fancy.


1 comment:

  1. Dear Missy, thank you so much for stopping by and leaving such a lovely comment...but best of all, so I could discover your lovely work! Beautiful shade I see, and I am about to sit and explore more of your blog and past posts.....N.xo

    ReplyDelete